Thursday 25 August 2011

Bombay Aloo


Well, name says "Bombay" Aloo, but I am not sure if its really a Maharastrian .
I like this curry right from my school days. My sister used to cook this really well. 
I tried cooking this myself very recently for the first time. Guess what, it was really
tasty.Right, I too can cook Bombay Aloo.

Ingredients:
  • Potato 2 chopped &boiled
  • tomato puree 2tsp
  • onion1 sliced
  • tomato 1/2 chopped
  • red chilli powder 2-4tsp
  • turmuric pinch
  • salt
  • masala powder 2 tsp
  • coriander leaves for garnishing
  • Paste of chopped  tomato, garlic, ginger, almond, coconut and cashew nut. 4 ladle
  • oil 2-3tsp
Preparation:
  •  Heat oil in a pan, now add onion wait till it becomes light brown, now add red chilli powder, turmeric, masala  powder, tomato puree. Keep this boiling.
  • Now add 4ladles of the paste (Paste of chopped  tomato, garlic, ginger, almond, coconut and cashew nut).
  • Now add salt, chopped tomato and add boiled potato.
  • Boil it for 10 minutes. Now add coriander leaves.
  • This is a very tasty side dish for Puri,Nan,Chapati etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment